Thursday, July 21, 2016

Oooh la la

I really enjoyed this article -

The Real Reason You’ll Never Be Able to Parent Like a French Mom



Which reminds me to give you an update on the real real reason I may never be able to parent like a French mom. 


I can't even remember the exact reason why I am not French enough to be French. But I remember leaving the French consulate in Amsterdam in tears. 

It was something about how my French husband isn't French enough. Despite having a French passport himself, and piles of very detailed French paperwork...there is some certificate that is missing from his file which I would need to have in order to become french. I can get it, and I will...but I am giving myself a bit of a break from this exhausting process. If I know anything about this process, I know that getting that little certificate will not be fun, or easy.

A fun sidetone, my test results have since expired. Which means that if and when I do track down that little certificate, I'll get to take the test again. Taking the test is a humbling experience.

I look forward to my next attempt. That last sentance was a lie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...