Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Not Boring

The past few weeks have been super busy. But how boring is it when people tell you they are busy? Let's not talk about that.

Yesterday, our shipment cleared customs and arrived on our doorstep. Major. We are splitting time between the house full of boxes and our temp housing downtown. Grateful to get to do it this way, but eager to settle in. My mantra has been 'move in to move on'...because this transition phase is going on and on and on. I'm eager to just be. How boring is it when people tell you about their move details? Let's not talk (any more) about that.
Well, lets talk a tiny bit more about that. I will feel exponentially more settled once my closet is put together. Call me shallow, or call me a girl who knows WTF she needs to feel settled. Ok, stop calling me things.

Here is something that is not boring. This headline cracked me up. It is so good to be back in Portland, where stuff like this happens.  Have you seen the missing tofu? If so, call police!

This business idea is not boring. Ding dong, I sorta want to try it. I actually love shopping myself...but I also love creative business ideas and admire those with the courage to pursue them

Aziz Ansari's new series, Master of None, should be not-boring. I'm excited to check it out next month. Funny about his parents...

My sister alerted me of this not-boring trend. Ummmm...Can.you.even.deal?

I found this impressive nugget in my kids backpack. I'm oddly proud of his honestly. For the record, he can read...he just doesn't make a habit of it.



I was just starting to wrap my head around little big burger, and now Stumptown?! Exciting for these small local brands, and I am optimistic both will scale with soul and make PDX proud.

And finally, ever since learning this trend had a title (the title is normcore), I am so fascinated that something could be so boring that it is not boring. If you are having trouble falling asleep, just use google images to search "normcore". 
Thankfully, I recently learned that #normcore is over (amen). Chaos magic is the new jam. And what a perfect way to end a post titled "Not Boring" (amen, again). Go mix your own kool-aid.




1 comment:

Mary said...

I think that's why I haven't posted much lately. I don't want to sound all whiny and talk about how busy I am. Hooray for moving trucks and getting settled and tofu robberies (awesome)!

Good luck with everything - hope the kids are enjoying school so far.

Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...