Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Funny Confession #314

Last week I ran a race.  I got second place for the women (vrouwen).  It was a night race.  It was cold.  It was wet.  It was dark. It was late.  But I got second place.  So we (all 4 of us) stayed and waited until all the runners finished.  There was a podium and I was excited to step up on it.  O snapped this photo before the awards ceremony.

Good thing he did.

Because when it came time to do the awards ceremony, which was about 1 hour after I had finished the race.  The race director gathered the spectators and runners around the podium.  In the rain.  In the dark.  In the cold.  It was late.  And then he used his microphone to confirm that it was time to start the ceremony.  And then...

He took away #2 and #3 from the podium above.  And he clarified that it was just a fun run.  So they'd only be announcing the first place winner.

And at that point, all we could do was laugh.  Hard.  Did I mention it was cold?  It was wet?  It was dark?  It was late?

I am still confused and disappointed, so are the kids.  How do you say WTF in Dutch?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...