Monday, May 12, 2014

Paris.Besties.Oui.Oui.


It is always best to write a post while things are fresh in your head.  But you can't always do that.  For this particular post, it is actually fun to write it weeks later.  An excuse to dive back into such good, happy memories.  We had an absolute blast. 

The trip was bittersweet.  

The bitter: It was originally planned for my mom, sis and I to celebrate big sis's 40th.  But that damn leg of hers had other plans.   

The sweet: With my sister's hospital bed blessing, I invited some PDX girlfriends, at the very last minute, to rally to Paris.  And rally they did!  

Another bittersweet detail that I can't leave out: Upon my return from Paris, my world was rocked by terrible news.  Having deposited a Paris high into my emotional bank has been so good for my soul as I weather the emotional storm of losing my girl KK.    

Before the trip, I spent some time pulling together this little map.  We did almost everything on it.  The places (food, shops, etc.) on it were either places I knew of already, or places I had read about from stephmodo or design sponge (both excellent paris sources). We added some other stops too - L'Orangerie, and some restaurants pictured below.  

The following pictures are in no logical order, but they are all fabulous - because you can't take a bad picture on a girls weekend in Paris.  







 Great lunch spot: L'eboulliante



 Crepetastic


 Gorgeous B girls, on Champs Elysees

Musee D'Orsay


 How we rolled...
 Metro fabulous
 View from mon lit

 When your dress matches les fleurs in le jardin du Luxembourg, a photo op is obvious...duh...
 Resto Derriere was pretty cool - it should be its own standalone post.  such a funky funny spot, with great atmosphere, lots of quirk, and really good food.  Click that link and check it out.
EW and I at Derriere...so glad she joined us for dinner.  This fab girl lives and works a Paris, of course she knew the cool places to hang.  Deirrere was her idea, so was hotel l'amour (which is a few photos below).  So fun.


 LC atop the tower




 Team Paris St. Germaine
 Maybe this was my breakfast...



 Sur le bateau






 Quiet lunch a la mason...
 Girls night out, on a tuk tuk, maybe you saw us on fb?




 Dinner at hotel l'amour

 We all laughed, a lot


 Grand finale, an evening out at le moulin rouge.  They don't allow photos inside, although I know someone who snapped a few and if I can track them down I will share.  The costumes and staging was pretty spectacular.


 Our pied a terre

Ooh la la Paris, we'll be back!

Apres Paris, 3/4 of the girls trained back to AMS with me for a super quick tour of my Dutch life.  That post should will be soon...the visit was so much fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...