Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sweetest KK


I lost my best friend on Thursday.  We were roommates at college orientation, lived together in the sorority house, lived together in 2 off campus apartments, moved to boston together - where we were roomies for years.  After 6 years of cohabitation, we became neighbors (a block apart). Once I went west, we still made sure to visit each other regularly.  

Now she is in my heart (like a roommate), forever.

For now I am letting myself be really sad.   I feel broken actually.  I am feeling the love and support from all over the globe - and also right here in Amsterdam where my friends and hubby have rallied to hold me up - sometimes literally holding me up so I don't collapse.

Thank you all for the love.  Hug your friends, they are so important.  Hug me, I need it.

Cystic Fibrosis is a bitch.  Be an organ donor.














8 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my gosh Sara, I am so sorry. How awful to lose a best friend so young. It does look like she lived an amazing life and touched a lot of people - she'll remain in their hearts forever. Sending so many hugs your way... Love, Mary

Melissa N said...

So sad to hear. I am so sorry. Please know we are sending love and hugs to you!
Love Miss Bo Quiss

Brian S said...

Hi Sara - I'm so, so, sorry to hear this news. sending lots of prayers and love from NJ

Lisa said...

My heart breaks for you reading this. I am so, so sorry. Sending strength and positive thoughts your way and looking forward to giving you a hug soon! xo

Amy Beth Kloner said...

My heart is hurting for you, and for all of the people whose lives were undoubtedly touched by this very special woman. Thank you for sharing her beautiful photos and story, and the reminder to cherish those who are with us today. Sending you love, Sara.

Adrienne said...

This is a heartbreaking post. I'm so sorry for your loss, Sara. It looks like you two had a most amazing friendship.

hvk said...

skf-
my heart aches for you. i am so sorry that you have to experience the loss of a bestie. i can't even imagine how sad you are. hang in there.
hugs from portland.
hvk

Ms. Mayhem said...

I've been worried about you and feeling sad. Heart breaking. I am sorry and sending you a hug.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...