Monday, January 27, 2014

Winterberg Weekend

We took a road trip to Winterberg, Germany this weekend. We intended to ski...but there just wasn't enough snow to open the resort.  The hotel was non refundable...so we still rallied to Winterberg and made the most of a slopeside weekend without skiing.

Everyone knows the best part about hotels is jumping on the bed...duh...these two were launching

E I E I O...I don't normally fancy myself as a farm girl, but I probably should have followed that arrow.

This little cottage was our pad for the weekend.  Super adorbs.  (Yeah, I am over 30 and I totes still  say adorbs. )

Looks like a winter wonderland, huh?  Well it was...but there were only about 3 inches of snow...enough to be sooooo peaceful and gorgeous, but not enough for good ski conditions.  They did end up opening the resort sunday...which we realized as we drove out of town.  I guess it wasn't meant to be for us.   The fresh blanket of snow was great for a morning run, in boots.  Man I love when fresh snow crunches under your boots...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...