Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September!

Today is October 1, and it is glorious (sunny warmish amazingness). However, I'm a little sentimental about September's passing.

You see, ever since we moved here back in late February, I had my eye on September. September was the deadline I gave myself to find my jam.

For the better part of 6 months I let myself struggle a bit (finding friends, finding grocery stores, finding things in grocery stores, juggling my old job with my new life, language barriers, cultural barriers, new home, new schools, o's new job, hosting visitors, getting a euro drivers liscense, navigating the medical system, bike life, etc)...when I struggled I found peace in my head by focusing on the corner i would turn come September.

I'm an optimist. I visualize. I could see how awesome September would be from February. And guess what? I was effing* right.

I turned a huge corner in September. I'm proud to say I finally have friends, the kids are rocking it at school, my work life balance is back in check, i have a super dependable running buddy, my hair even looks good better than normal.

Elements of life abroad are hard (god I miss my PDX life!). But elements of any life are hard, duh. The awesomeness of this chance-of-a-lifetime opportunity has never been lost on moi, I'm all in. That's how I roll. The list of things to see, do, taste, experience, explore while we live in Europe is miles kilometers long. We are charging that list with passion...while remembering to stop and smell the tulips along the way.

Apologies for the too-long post. But September was a huge month for me, she deserved a shout out. Holla'. Thanks September, you delivered.

And as for you October...you are off to a really good start.  We had popsicles today, after playing in the park all afternoon.  Keep that shit* up.

*Sometimes I swear when I am excited, deal.  xo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!!!! XOXOXOXO

Mary said...

This might be my favorite post of yours, like, ever. And I have loved many. I love how you charge after life head on - it's inspiring and awesome. I'm so happy you've settled into your new and fabulous European life, and I love being able to follow you on your many adventures. Love! Oh and yes your hair does look great. ;-)

Dinah xx said...

I absolutely love the way you're throwing yourself into your new life. You are one amazing chick and, boy, have you got it right. Grab it with both hands and run right at it, girlfriend! Just loving your vibe!

Lisa said...

You're amazing! I love, love this.

Jen Sharp Gorman said...

my favorite post ever too. SEPTEMBER! so proud of you. you've put your whole heart into this amazing adventure. it's been wonderful and it's been hard all at once - you are fearless and inspiring, brave and beautiful! I cannot wait to see what the next 6 months bring! loving you! xoxo

adrienne said...

awwwyeah, girl! you've achieved all these amazing things...and all while you have had two little chickens on your watch. in six months. like it is nothing. I'd say you're rocking it! congrats on your milestone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...