Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Going for Gold

The last time I won something, it was the 4th grade science fair and my dad basically did my project for me (thanks Bry). 


Then, on Sunday, I freaking won a race!!!! 

Check it for yourself right here (just look for 8k females to see full female results)!  Forgive me for boasting, but please realize this was a crazy fluke and it will probably never happen again.  At this rate, I will not win anything again for another 25 years - so just let me shine for a moment..  After this post I promise to return to my new year's resolution. 

Winning felt amazing.  The course went straight up and then right back down the major hill (Terwilliger) that is basically my back yard.  I have run this hill about 3-5 times per week for the last 6+ years. This race was mine to win and I knew it.  Home field advantage. If you missed the highlights on ESPN and / or your local news - I took the lead early and held onto it for the entire 8k (almost 5 miles), it was beautiful. 

In case you missed the 1986 (?) AISL science fair, here is what winning looks like on me.   (I know, I know, I can't believe I didn't pull together a better outfit either, what was I thinking?)

I may need to research flights to London, I'm sure team USA would love to add one more to the roster next week. 

Thank you for dealing with me.  I promise to get over myself soon.  xo

4 comments:

Amy Beth Kloner said...

You are such a trip! I love that you WON, that you OWNED THAT RACE, and that you were hilarious in your recap!
Get on that flight to London, girl!

hvk said...

rad!! the smile on your face in that race photo is amazing. congratulations!!

Mills (héron + hibou) said...

I clicked the race results link. 6:43 pace?! That's not just winning, that's killing it and leaving all the other ladies in the dust. Nicely done!

Vixens said...

You rock and the pace was "smokin"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...