Sunday, July 8, 2012

Frida

If she were still living, she would have just turned 105 this week.  What a style icon and amazing painter she was..  I am drawn to her, yet I know so little about her. 

This recent post reminded me that I need to learn more about this intriguing woman.  I have added this to my netflix queue and I will be loading this to my kindle.   After digesting all of that inspiration, maybe I'll paint again someday.  I'll probably also be rocking my flower pieces in my hair more often. 



Side note: All images are by Nickolas Muray via artblart from modcloth blog, Thank you modcloth for continuing to do social marketing so well, you guys are awesome.  For real, so few companies get blogs/social media right - but you guys really seem to nail it.  I love you in the same way I love anthro, and you manage to do that without even having a brick and mortar store.  Amazing.  Give your digital director a huge high five for me.  Huge.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

definitely one of my favorite movies, and absolutely one of my favorite artists and women period. she was so fantastic on so many levels.

Mary said...

Totally agree. She was a fascinating person and really beautiful artist. Great movie too.

Melissa N said...

Love her too. We have the children's book written about her! It is a good one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...