Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snow Days

We had so much fun this weekend, we decided (on sunday night) to take monday off and stay up in the snow an extra day.  There is so much snow up there, it is pretty amazing. 


 We rented a sled that harnesses to your hips, and went for some awesome treks in the snow.  I took W with me on a snowy trail run, now that is a how to train for Boston! 

I wasn't going to do all the work, we switched roles near the end of the run.  Mush!

Monday was a bluebird sunny day and so we went for a long xcountry ski.  We brought the sled, but also let the kids do some nordic skiing.  They were pretty good.  This was the only pic I took that day...O with the kids in the sled.
 And finally - here is a shot of our mountain house.  We rent the front part (above the garage) of this sweet house.  It has worked out so great, we are loving it.  Look at all the SNOW! 

2 comments:

Mary said...

I am so jealous! All that snow! The season has been mostly a bust here. I'd have to drive pretty far north to do more skiing, I'm afraid. Was really hoping to get another couple days in with the little guys. Ah well... Here's to next year. Love all these pics!

hvk said...

gorgeous!!! the house, the (tons of) snow, the sled-training all look amazing! glad you guys are doin' it right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...