Thursday, February 2, 2012

Poetry Posts

Portland buds, have you guys noticed the poetry posts in yards around town?

This city is so damn creative. Love it. I feel like I am seeing more and more posts pop up.   Coming across these posts gives me an excuse to rest a bit on a run.  Like most things cool in this city - I see most on the east side. 

Not from around here and wonder what a poetry post is?  “A poetry post (or poetry pole or poetry box) is a wooden pole, usually, mounted on private property, so that it faces pedestrians. On top of the pole is a box, with a glass or clear face and a lid. Inside the box is a sheet of paper containing a poem (or, sometimes, prose or a photograph). Sometimes the pole is absent, the box mounted to a tree. That’s it.”

If you are from the rose city, be sure to stop to smell the roses, and read the poems. 





2 comments:

azduckfan said...

Hi -- I've followed your blog since before WKF... and now I just have to comment. My sister's poetry post was "Yarn Bombed" about a week ago! I was't sure how to post a photo for you... she's on NE 9th and NE Knott here in Portland. It has your name all over it! Thanks for a great blog! I keep thinking I'll run into your family at "church", Grilled Cheese Grill or somewhere... we were all at the Christmas Tree at the same time. So someday I'll say hello!

-- Dawn

KK said...

Oh my god, this is so Portlandia. I imagine the poems were all written on old timey typewriters because computers are evil? Sorry, my East Coast is showing...
;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...