Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Portland Must See and Do List

Auntie KK snapped this photo from the plane as she flew into PDX last Friday night.  Wowza!  
Speaking of PDX visitors...my friend's friend is coming in August and they have asked me to suggest a top 5-ish list of must dos.  It will be hard to keep it to 5...so lets not limit ourselves, please chime in with comments to let me (them) know what I missed! 

1. Rose Garden on a clear august day will be pretty sweet, while you are there you'd be silly not to also hit up the Japanese garden
2. Cruise NW 23rd street - great local shops and food
3. Hit up some food carts for some local flavor
4. Voodoo, you just have to do it, right?
5. Church, aka the Farmer's Market, duh.  I prefer the Saturday morning market (biggest, best, closest to my house and fits my schedule well), but any of them are great...there is one every day
6. Road Trips! Portland rules, but while in the area you should also go to Multnomah Falls, Hood River, Mount Hood and the coast...all are within 90 minutes from here...the first 3 can all be done in one big loop from the city.

1 comment:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Can't wait to email Kate. You're the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...