Sunday, October 10, 2010

Go Mom 10.10.10!!!

I went for a little jog in the rain this morning.  With 1000's of other crazy runners.  It was so cold.  It was so wet.  It was so early.  It was so worth it.  Especially with cheerleaders like these two. 




Special thanks to my sweet friend HK...she was the one that registered for this silly race, then she let me run in her name.  The race sold out in like a minute, so I was really lucky to get to run!  Check out these gorgeous photos to see why she didn't run it herself. 

I was super happy with my results!  I think it helped running in someone else's name, I wanted to do well for her, make her look as fast as I could. 

I couldn't believe how many spectators and volunteers were out in the rain to cheer on the runners.  Amazing.  So Portland.

Three signs I saw being held that were kind of funny:
"We got up early to watch you run, not walk...keep moving"
"Pain is temporary, but your time will be on the internet forever"
"At least its not raining"

6 comments:

Rachel Hagen said...

what a cute little cheer team! Makes me miss running races. :(

hvk said...

adorable cheerleaders (and shirts!), amazing mama! you (i mean me?) are one speedy 1/2 marathoner!

Mary said...

You are awesome! Seriously cute cheerleaders too!

Alison said...

Way to go, Mama!! Love you and your darling cheerleaders :) xoxo

Ms. Mayhem said...

A friend of mine just ran the Chicago Marathon under a different name/registration, never heard of such a thing. So funny!

thesmallviking said...

i should have come out and cheered for you on the bluff! i ran 2 miles with KC and elissa when they did it. next year well plan better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...