Thursday, September 16, 2010

Facebook Matchmaking

As you may remember from a previous post, I read the Facebook book. I think that I want to see the Facebook movie. I enjoyed seeing the Facebook office space, when it was featured on AT.

Facebook has really changed the world. Speaking of Facebook, here is my current profile picture.
Now, on to my point. I have an idea. I want someone to read this post and then run with the idea.
Did you know that 70% of happy couples met through mutual friends?
Well, I just made up that stat, but I am sure it is an impressive high number, something like 70ish for sure.
Wouldn't it be cool if there was an app on Facebook that would enable my single friends to check each other out? And then if my friend "Single Sally" thought that my other friend "Available Andy" was cute, she could ask me for a bit more info about him. If she liked what I had to say about AA, then I could facilitate an introduction...before you know it, I'm a bridesmaid.
And maybe, it could extend another degree away...so that my single friends could also "shop" the single friends of my friends.
VL - I think you and JL could make this happen. You are welcome for the idea.

2 comments:

Vince LaVecchia said...

You know, I'm wondering if Facebook terms disallow that. I'm sure someone would have made an app for this if they could have.
I'll find out if someone's done something already...
It makes sense though. Like they added "Places", they should add "Romances".

Anonymous said...

This has already been done and the patent is filed. Great idea though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...