Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Session

Last year's summer session was so much fun, I couldn't wait to do it again! O took a day off, so that he and I (and P) could head up the glacier while W was at school. O and P parked the mini right in front of the lodge...and I went up the lift (over and over and over). It was AMAZING. I already posted some pix here. But I had a few more to share...

O and P chillin in the mini by the lodge. Look at that blue sky!

Spunky ski racer gal with a bikini over her race suit. I thought she was so cute and sassy!

The scene at the mountain in the summer is so amazing. It is gorgeous for one thing. But it is also crawling with kids that are here from all over the world to train for skiing or snowboarding. The day after we went up there was this article in the O about the snowboard camps. It is so cool be up there to observe these kids in action.
In addition to the camp kids, there were lots of adults attending masters ski camps. There were also lots of pro's that were up there for summer training.
There were a few other random people like me that were just there to ride in the summer for the novelty of it. I highly recommend doing that if you get a chance! There were also lots of tourists riding the lift just to ride the lift and see the scene (no ski gear, they just ride the lift up then ride it back down), which could be fun too.
Have I told you lately that I love it here?

1 comment:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Seriously, you guys are too fun. I am green with envy here in Iowa. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...