Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Campers!

Here are some shots of our camping adventures. We drove from PDX to Tahoe (and back) and camped halfway (near Ashland, OR) both directions. Ashland was a fab little town and I'd like to spend more time there someday (perhaps for the festival).

She didn't sleep much, but she woke up happy.

She loved eating outside.
WKF loved exploring.This was our campsite. Gorgeous. My favorite part, the trees!
The whole time I felt as if we were camping in this Van Gogh painting (Olive Trees With Yellow Sky and Sun 1889).
We especially loved this one red tree in the middle of the other trees. I should have taken a close up of the red bark, it was so cool...especially in the sunlight.
All night I kept thinking that Van Gogh could have done some good work from this campsite.
Perhaps camping brings out the artist in me? Maybe I'll dust off my brush.
This is another tree we loved checking out
The trees in the moonlight.
Camping success. I'll do it again, as long as we pack the Beautyrest and stay in Van Gogh paintings.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love the Van Gogh, love that red tree, and love that you had a good trip. Also love that you're back! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...