Friday, May 21, 2010

PSbrU

PSU is just a mile from our house. Everything I see and hear about the university is impressive. We are there every week for church, and it is always fun to be on campus.

I love everything about my own alma mater - but it has always bugged me that there is so much fuss about binge drinking, the party school image, etc. etc.

I like that PSU realizes college kids may have a few beers and they are even comfortable lending their name to a local brew. Not just any brew, they have partnered with Rogue Ale. The university agreed to let Rogue Ale brew the Portland State brand to honor the university's commitment to sustainable practices that are part of his company's culture - hence the bike logo. So Portland.

I don't know of many cities or universities that could pull something like this off without controversy. I like that Portland can.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...