Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fete

Every time I see sweet french-themed parties I am reminded that I really need to stay on top of my efforts for French Citizenship. Do you remember this cake?? Me too!


This effort has been going on for years...and now (2 babies later) I am still trying to do it for myself and also for my babes. Thanks to O, we have all the right qualifications...we are just having a bit of trouble following the proper processes (it is tres tres confusing and frustrating).

I recently recommitted to the effort and I hope that we can finally get it done in 2010 (it has been a New Years Resolution for 2 years now...).


Back to the important stuff. Whenever I see pictures like the ones below, I get excited about throwing une petite fete for ourselves to celebrate the citizenship (when/if we can get it all sorted out).



These pix come from MIKODESIGN - a pretty fabulous blog. She is really amazing...she made her own macaroons and her own snow globes for her party. (Let's be honest, I won't do that.)
While we are crushing on MIKODESIGN, please look at this make-your-own-doll kit that she made...so sweet, right? For sale in her etsy shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After nearly 20 years I got my US citizenship in 2008, just in time to vote. Definitely worth it.

On the topic of cakes, check out the book giveaway I'm running it is all fabulous cupcakes AND it is all about raising awareness about a project I'm working on. http://growfamilygrow.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/knit-power-and-hello-cupcake-book-giveaway/
Right now you stand an excellent chance of winning. I think I have one comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...