Friday, October 2, 2009

Lonny?

Have you checked out Lonny yet?

My thoughts:

First off - wow, pretty cool that a (gorgeous) UVM girl made the cover, go cats go. I barely knew Kate, but I did know her hubby Billy - and what fun to peak into their home/lives.

The "mag" is full of very pretty pictures, many are inspiring.



I have such a crush on him (Eddie Ross, below), ever since the redo of the Butler's Pantry Project...which I blogged about here, and is also featured in the mag. He has a serious partner (that I cropped out of this photo- haha), and I am married...so its an innocent crush, but still a crush...

Final thoughts...I'll take inspiration in any form, but if I could rank the order of preference for the format of the inspiration it would go like this:
1. Real Life
2. Blogs/Websites
3. Magazines
4. Online Mags like Lonny
I loved the content but found the online mag format clumsy and hard to enjoy. I think it is a bold call to keep calling Lonny the new Domino (which is what many are calling it). But, I look forward to the next issue...
What did you think?

3 comments:

Martin and Sarah said...

Funny, I know Kate. Our parents are friends. I don't get the name of the mag though.

stephmodo said...

I've heard much about Lonny and am excited to see it for myself sometime {hopefully} soon.

p.s. saw a few people from Revere tonight...wish you were one of them!

xo

VisuaLingual said...

The name supposedly is a combination of London and NY, which is that same strategy [but better executed] as Nylon magazine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...