Friday, September 4, 2009

Loving Bean Town

I miss my boys like crazy. So much it hurts. But, I am having a wonderful time in Boston.

I heart this city so much. It has been so long, and it is so good to be back!!! The weather has been perfect, I am doing everything on my Boston to-do list (except bumping into Ben Affleck, working on that one), and really enjoying some me time.

I've noticed so many positive changes in this city since we lived here. I'm not sure if they are actually changes, or if I am just seeing the city differently 4 years later. For example I think it has gotten friendlier and I think that there are lots more bikes (and even new bikelanes). 4 years ago I paid no attention to how family/baby friendly this city is (specifically my old southend/backbay neighborhood) - there are babies and parks and strollers and mamas (and nannies) everywhere!

Oh I am having so much fun reacquainting myself with my old city!

Today I was in one of my favorite shops (Aunt Sadie's at 18 Union Park in the South End) and I fell in love with this fun local line of baby gear. How cute are the mobiles?


And check out their quilts! So sweet, and they are even better in person.

And I had such a fun mani/pedi date with one of my bean town ladies at a fab new spa on newbury. MiniLuxe - it was great, clean, affordable, friendly and we need one in Portland ASAP.

The Sowa district sure has grown up...I wish I was going to be here long enough to check out the market(s). There is the Sowa Open Market, the Sowa Produce Market, AND the Sowa Antique Market.

As I was wrapping up this post, I got this photo sent to me by O...looks like they arrived safely in Tahoe and WKF is enjoying sharing the backseat with his uncle, the birthday boy.

I'm signing off for a few days to enjoy the upcoming wedding and my remaining time in Boston. Have a fab weekend. xoxo

1 comment:

Mary said...

Okay, kinda sad that I learned more about what you did here from reading this post than I did talking to you in person (kinda hard to have a conversation with the kiddos), but it was so so so great to see you!! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip. Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...