Thursday, September 10, 2009

Camp Wedding

The main reason for my trip to the East Coast was to attend the wedding of my college teammate and dear friend SBW (now SWL). I'm so glad I could be there. What a fun wedding.
Her hubby grew up in Boston but went up to Maine for camp every summer...once he was too old to be a camper, he came up through the ranks as a councilor...making it all the way to head councilor. He has also been the chief of the camp color war...something he does not take lightly. This man LOVES this camp!
My friend Stace learned to love it too...so much so that she agreed to have their wedding at camp. It was so fun to finally see his camp after hearing about it all these years. I see why he loves it. Camp is a special place indeed...and what a venue for a wedding...amazing!

On the way into camp I stopped for a quick bite...when in Maine, you gotta go for the lobstah roll. So good.

I took this shot for O, so he could see the wakeboard boat sitting on the still water which was just behind the ceremony.

Here is Corey with his boys, seeing Stacey for the first time. She looked amazing, and you can see from their faces that they all agree. So cute!

Gorgeous bride, coming down the aisle with her proud papa - this man cheered for us every weekend in college, one of our biggest supporters!

Such a perfect evening...

Thumbs up from Corey!

Here are the newlyweds hiking up to the cocktail hour as the sun sets over the lake behind them. Lovely!

Mr. and Mrs. - entering the mess hall for the reception - so fun! Mozel Tov!

The guests all got to stay in cabins - it was a blast. Too cool.

Stace hooked me up with a private room in the camp infirmary (what, i'm pregnant...and came solo...and hate to camp...). It was really nice, check out the view from my window...

4 comments:

Molly and Fritz said...

I miss main, and now really WANT a lobster roll. Ugh, my mouth is watering.

Molly and Fritz said...

oops Maine

Rachel Hagen said...

this is way too cute. i think my favorite part is the guests sleeping in cabins. such a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute...was so very, very glad you could come and enjoy.Love and miss you. Sharon MOB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...