Thursday, August 13, 2009

Workplace Chatter

I love being pregnant. I love working. I don't really love when the two overlap.

Here is a memo to men (and in most cases other women too): never use these words when talking to a prego chick at work.

Crazy
Fat
Period
Cervix
Dilate
Bleeding
Tearing
Fertile
Ovulate
Conceive
Stretch Marks
Kegel
VBAC
Boob
Breast
Lactate
Nipple

I don't care if your wife has had a baby too...it doesn't make it more comfortable for me and it doesn't make you an expert. To play it extra safe...maybe just don't use the above words ever at the workplace.

I think in the last 2 years I have heard all of the above...in office place conversations. Weird, right?

The above pix are from my first go round. Poor baby#2...no belly shots have been taken yet. Gotta get on that...

3 comments:

Mary said...

Too funny and too true! Some people can be so awkward. And funny that you haven't taken belly shots yet - #2 is a lot different, isn't it?

Z$'s mama said...

please add to the list of inapropriate things to say: are you sure you aren't having twins? how much weight have you gained? wow you look ready to pop (at 6 months)! and why does everyone feel compelled to tell their labor horror story (or non horror story for that matter)when I didn't ask??? I get it, I know you went through it, your child is the evidence...It truly is amazing that these things need to be pointed out...

Ms. Mayhem said...

I had a male co-work almost push on my pertruding belly button. I reacted pretty quickly and responded with "don't you dare!". And then there is a woman who asks me daily "are you ready to go?"...she started asking just 6months into my pregnancy. I'd like to punch her in the face. Most people are idiots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...