Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Un-Nike Town

I pass this shop every day. It is a crummy, dirty, outdated-looking, running store that has this sign on the door.

It annoys me. This is Portland, the city where Nike's World Headquarters are located. Nike is a great company that does wonders to sustain our local economy. Nike also does a ton for the community. In fact, Nike built the track that is about 100 steps away from this dinky shop. Oh, and by the way, Nike makes great products.

I'm all for competition. I'm all for small, niche, local running stores being successful. There are more than enough runners in this town to support Nike as well as small shops.

I just wish this guy would be pro something instead of anti something, you know?

2 comments:

Birdie said...

I think the same thing every time i pass this shop, which is often a couple of times a year when I am in Portland!

Mimi said...

not to mention that have crappy stuff in there anyway...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...