Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To The Statehouse!

After reading this article and posting this post, I was really feeling motivated to re-engage in my crusade to eliminate the butts! So I contacted Deb (the woman in the article) and offered to help her with her efforts to pass the bill.

She invited me to join her in Salem yesterday. She and I both testified before the House Committee of Environment and Water in the House of Representatives wing of the statehouse. I told them all about the hunt and educated them about the gross and icky-ness of the butts.

There are a few (ok, a lot of) other steps before the bill becomes a law, but yesterday was a promising first step. Our testimony was very well received and it was a thrill to be a part of it. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! My daughter the ACTIVIST!!! Kudos to you! I love it!

Mary said...

Very cool! Way to go!

Kariena said...

This is so great! Thank you! Wish I could have been there too! Can't wait to hear more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...