Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weanniemoon

I just love to moon. What is not to love?

When you get married, you take a honeymoon. Ours was tops...a ski house in Squaw Valley. Ahhh.....


Before you have a babe, bien sur you indulge in a babymoon. Again, ours was pretty all time, the Grand Canyon and Sedona.



Why should the mooning stop there? I am inventing another type of moon...the "weanniemoon". This is a mama vacation to be taken once the babe is fully weaned. I think that the papa stays behind with the babe, and the mama does something fun just for her (visit with girlfriends, perhaps a spa weekend, a yoga retreat, weekend a Paris....).

I am starting to daydream about my weanniemoon possibilities. I will keep you posted as I make the plans. I assure you it will be something fabulous and it will not involve camping.

Good idea, right? Spread the word, I want this to catch on. Weanniemoon!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love it! I just sent this to my sister, too, who I'm sure will love the idea. I did this, but it wasn't a "mama-only" trip - K & I took a long weekend to VT and left A with grandma. Very freeing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...