Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slumdog

I finally went to see it. Liked it. Didn't love it. It was heavy. I wasn't mentally prepared for the heaviness. I was pretty much waiting for the dance scene throughout the whole movie (which is at the very end, during the credits....).

The 3 things I loved about it:
1. The colors! So bright and fun. Even in the dark slummy scenes, there are such vibrant colors. LOVED that.
2. The dance scene. I want to learn the dance and do it with O in our living room like these two. To be honest, I almost like their version better than the movie version....
3. My date was fab. Thanks for the night out RG.

The thing that shocked me the most:
A couple behind us in the theatre left BEFORE the dance scene. I almost fell off my chair considering that was the part I was waiting for all along....

2 comments:

Rachel Hagen said...

I, however, LOVED the movie. But can definitely see where you're coming from with how heavy it is. I was prepared for that, maybe you weren't. But I am with you: the dance at the end is my FAVORITE! You two should totally learn it and post it! I'd post you guys up on my blog! I'm challenging you!

Mary said...

You definitely have to be prepared for the heaviness of the movie, that's for sure. Everyone describes it as being so joyful that I can see why you probably weren't prepared for it. Hopefully you were smiling at the end, though. And I absolutely second the challenge for you guys to learn the dance and post it! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...