Thursday, January 1, 2009

We Are Back

The 3 of us just returned from our anniversary getaway roadtrip. We had a super ocean front suite here, at the waves motel. This place is amazing.

We celebrated with a delicious and fancy dinner at Newmans 988. I was a little nervous to bring WKF to a fancy place on New Years Eve...but we got an early res and he did great. (Note: "fancy" is a relative term in Oregon, esp. on the coast. It pretty much means that you wear your good jeans.) Dinner was amazing and I am so glad we did it. Excellent service too (thank you Christian the upstairs waiter, well done). If you are ever fortunate enough to be in Cannon Beach...you should stay at the Waves and eat at Newmans...I highly recommend both.

I am hoping this mini vacation becomes an anniversary tradition. I really love love love the Oregon Coast. I am always amazed how close it is to Portland, how easily we can get there, and how it feels so far away.

Bananas in the door pocket of the car = road trip! Note, we travel with even more bananas now that WKF eats them too...

Pictures from this trip, and our Tahoe Xmas are coming soon. As soon as I get my act together and download them. Thanks for making Portland Sunshine part of your day today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...