Friday, January 9, 2009

Ooh la la

Ok mes amies...

Un jour I will quit blogging about my big plans to go dual with my citizenship, and I'll actually get it done. And when I do, I'll have the party... and now I know just where to shop for la fete.

Introducing: Nationale (on 28 and E. Burnside)

The shop is owned by May Juliette Barruel, all pix below were borrowed from her blog (merci madame). I look forward to meeting her. Soon.

Here is a great article about the shop from the Mercury. (Interesting that she is from Grenoble...just like O's family).

May Juliette, Si vous lisez ceci, pouvez-vous me dire (si vous savez) où je peux acheter du Genepi ici à Portland? Merci!

1 comment:

may said...

bonjour. i couldn't find an email address to contact you so here is my reply, if you want to delete it as a comment...
of course you are welcome to use any photos from my blog. and thank you for the post, it is very sweet of you and i'm glad you are excited.
the shop is very new and still at its beginning. i'm hoping to get more and more things from france with time.
unfortunately i do not know about genepi, but i will keep my eyes open at the liquor stores. i know they have the more popular pernot, ricard, and chartreuse for instance.
if you wouldn't mind adding my first/whole name ("may juliette barruel") to your post, i've asked portland picks to do so as well, since i only go by "juliette" in france.
come by soon, it will be a pleasure to meet you.
may

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...