Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coraline

There is a buzz in Portland about Coraline.

The Portland Film Fest is next week, and this stop-motion animated feature based on a story by author Neil Gaiman is going to debut as part of the festival. A Portland premier is appropriate since it was created at Portland-based LAIKA studio. Like many things here in Portland, there is a Nike connection to this film. Phil Knight (Nike Founder) has funded the film (and the company LAIKA), and his son Travis is an animator and an executive at LAIKA. More details on all of that here.

I am not a movie buff, I rarely get excited about animated films or fantasy stuff or spooky stuff....but I am excited to check this out. Maybe it's the Portland/Nike connection? Whatever...I am excited to see it!

I must admit, I am slightly more excited to see He's Just Not That Into You. I love me a good chick flick...

3 comments:

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...

You better not see "He's Just Not That Into You" without me!

Anonymous said...

lets do a girly night for "he's just not that into you"--mia, skf, portland ladies- whattya think?

i'm up to see coraline too! i have a long list of "to sees" right now, its great!
rg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...