Friday, January 2, 2009

Baldface in "Spirit" Magazine

As usual, we flew Southwest Airlines to Tahoe. While on board, I was flipping through their mag, called "Spirit". I was interested in the cover story, "Catch the Drift, A snowcat takes you to the powder of your dreams". This interested me not because I dream of powder, but because my snow-loving husband does.

Imagine our surprise when the article was all about Baldface Lodge. About 2 years ago O went there with a crew of friends from Porltand. We really enjoyed reading the article, which you can check out here.

We thought it was pretty cool that there was an article about this magical lodge which I have heard so much about from O and the rest of the crew that he went with.

Well then...as we looked closer at each picture...O realized that there was a shot of him and his travel buddies in the article! Unfortunately, the online version does not have that same shot. Our scanner is lame, but here is the scanned in shot. O swears up and down that this is his group. I think I agree.
RG and LC, you'll have to come over to see for yourselves (then autograph my copy)...I grabbed a copy for you guys since you are both in the shot as well. Too cool, you are famous.


There are gorgeous photos in the article...but it did not make me regret my decision to stay home from that vacation. The place looks scary and a bit too extreme for me.... I did not love seeing my sweet O (and some of my besties) up on the crazy high ridge in the above photo. This place has no lifts, just helicopters and snowcats. (If you don't know what a snowcat is, see the photos below...yikes.)


On second thought, if I could stomach the heli ride up to the lodge, I think I would do pretty well in the lodge...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing, testing!

Anonymous said...

try try again1

Anonymous said...

thats so great- i just heard about the baldface article! that is definitely us hiking the ridgeline- yay!
lovin having sunshine back in effect- missed ya!
xo, auntie rg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...