Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ARCTIC BLAST!

Oregon is similar to Vermont in so many ways...until it snows....and then the 2 states could not be more different.

Over the past few days the temps in OR have been hovering *around* freezing and we have about a quarter of an inch of snow. Schools have been closed all week. Nobody is going to work. My doctor's appointment (at the hospital) was cancelled. Chains are required on tires....even though you can see the pavement. (Thank you sweetV for this photo!)


Our local NBC affiliate (channel 8) has cancelled regular programming ALL DAY(every day this week) to broadcast "Arctic Blast Special" coverage...this means that I do not get the Today Show in the morning...which is bugging me.

We have changed as well...it feels so so so cold to me (even though this is NOTHING compared to VT cold). I cancelled my cookie exchange plans last night (so sorry sweetV) because O warned me that the roads were awful...

Funny stuff...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...