Friday, November 7, 2008

Ten Baby Things I Love

I am no expert, and I try to be minimalist about baby things. Now that I am 5 months into motherhood, I thought that I would share a list of good stuff (10 things) that we have discovered.

1. Light weight travel baby bed - we used this as a bassinet around the house for the first few months, from time to time we still use it in that way. It has also been amazing for travel, so much better than a pack and play for a small babe. It folds up into something about the size of a lap top. This bed made our trip to Europe super easy...it has also been to Tahoe. We also carry it along to dinner parties...little WKF can sleep just about anywhere in his travel bed.

Here it is all folded up:


Here it is as a bed:
P.S. - this thing is only $29.99 - I don't think any parent can afford NOT to buy it...

2. baby legs. These are fabulous. My bff gave me about 10 pairs...and I wasn't sure we'd need/use them. I was wrong. WKF wears them all the time (on his arms and legs). Its great to throw them on before a walk, or overnight if it's cold. I hear that once crawling starts they are great little knee protectors. These make a great gift.
3. baby sling. I have several of these. For some reason I am always photographed with this black and white one, but I also have an adorable green & brown one, and an adorable brown & pink one. They are fashion and function. WKF loves to be "slung". As a newborn, the sling was worn everyday. Now we wear it for walks, etc. There are different carries for different ages. The peanut shell website has great instructions including links to instructional videos about those carries. Like the baby legs, these make a wonderful gift.



4. baby monitor with video. This has been great, definitely worth the money. Having a handheld video has saved us so many trips into his room to check on him; esp as new parents learning about his little noises. It is also fun at night now that he is moving around, trying to roll, and playing with his stuffed monkey.
5. baby uggs. Adorable, high quality, and functional. Love these. Great gift.
6. baby swaddle WKF was swaddled every night until recently. We would either use a fleece one with velcro like the one pictured here:





Or we'd use these lovely blankets which were a fab gift to us from our wonderful neighbors.



Here is WKF swaddled up. I love this picture!



8. Comfy chair. We got ours at IKEA and I had custom covers made for it. Worth it. You want to love your chair. You will spend so much time in it.

9. Blog! Keeping a blog is good for me for many reasons - its kind of diary-ish/journal-ish, it lets family/friends keep up with baby, and it is a good outlet for other (non-baby) thoughts and interests. I know that my blog has become more baby-centric since this post, but I sure try to keep it balanced which I think is so good for my head (and probably good for your reading pleasure too).

10. Most important of all...a hands-on, ridiculously supportive and dashingly handsome Baby Daddy. I may need to create a separate post with tips on finding one of these. This one is so so taken. Ahhhhhhh I love my boys!


1 comment:

Mary said...

Awesome list- we may have to try the travel bed when #2 comes along. Never heard of baby legs either - those look pretty cool. And thank god I have a #10 too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...