Friday, November 28, 2008

Be a part of it!

At this time of year, I LOVE to be a part of it all. For example....I LOVE to hit up the grocery store on Thanksgiving Day. LOVE it! I love to see the people scrambling for whatever ingredients they may have forgotten. I like to see how different types of people approach it...some are stressing, others are chill. I love every aspect of the grocery store on turkey day - especially waiting in a long-ish line. I love people watching and eavesdropping while in line. Yesterday I cruised over to Zupans about an hour before the closed for the day. So fun.



Then on the day after turkey day, I love to hit the shopping scene. I don't need to buy (what up recessionista), I just like to be out there, mixing into it all. O knows how I love these 2 days of being a part of it all....so even in his condition (recovering from surgery - another topic for another post....) he was eager to indulge me in "being a part of it". SE Hawthorne was where we ended up...there was lots of buzz as we expected. We hit up the Waffle Window (after reading about it in MIX).

The intent of this post is not to critique food...but while on the waffle topic, I didn't love the Waffle Window waffles. They were good...but MIX sold them as "genuine yeast-raised street waffles found in any Belgian city" which got my hopes up high. Ever since returning from our trip to Bruxelles, I have been on a quest for something authentic in the waffle department (which reminds me, I still need to give this a try). It should be noted that I would go back, and that I loved the experience at the Waffle Window and that I love everything about this neighborhood...I just didn't actually LOVE the waffles, nor did I find them to taste like the ones we had in Bruxelles.

We also walked a bit down the strip, where I spotted the skinniest man in Portland. Look at his teeny legs. This is not a good photo, he was teenier looking in person. And his pants had vertical stripes (hard to tell in this photo), which we all know can be sliiiiimming.

Note to self...go buy hipster style vertical striped pants.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...