Monday, July 7, 2008

Run Like a Girl!

I just got the latest Runner's World mag (these days I read about running more than I run). There is a very interesting feature about running skirts. For years I have been sporting one with pride, and I was surprised to hear that they are so polarizing among women runners. People love them or hate them. Funny. I love them.
I love them so much that sometimes I even run in tennis skirts (because there are more options and they tend to be even more girly - they often have pleats, etc. - see above).
I have been hoping for years that a certain large athletic company whose HQ is here in PDX rolls out a more extensive line of girly running gear - including some super fun skirts. Hey RG, can you work on this for me!?! I know they already make skirts...but I want more and I want them better.
If you are on the other side of the running skirt issue (if you dislike them) - I encourage you to at least try them. Enter a race, girl up your outfit...and see if your time is any better. I think it will be. Honestly, I run faster and happier in skirts.
I will be back to my running self in 2 more weeks (docs say I must take 6 full weeks to recover from c-section - ugh). So...watch for me in my skirt on terwilliger....I'll be there. Maybe I'll see you in yours?

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I had no idea! I've gone running a few times in my tennis skirt and loved it! I usually run to the courts and R meets me with the racquets, but i wore it the other day just cuz i can. lets run in our skirts together!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the running skirt issue- LOVE LOVE them! I ran the SF half marathon in a purple one and it gave me extra GO JUICE (or at least I felt that it did :)

I'm a firm believer-- if you feel good, you perform well! Dress to impress ladies!

...and yes- I'll put in a word for girlier and better skirts. order up!

Way to go Mama Fritsch- you're a champ!
xo, rg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...