Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hungry Skeleton



I have driven by "La Calaca Comelona" (which means The Hungry Skeleton) a million times and thought to myself: "that place looks creepy and weird and dirty". Well, we went on Friday night, and I was wrong wrong wrong. Wow. It was GREAT. If you can get over the (lack of) curb appeal, it is so charming when you go in.




The best part by far was the back patio - where we sat. On a nice evening (like Friday was) it was the perfect place to pass hours with some good friends (like we did).

I now know that it was rated best for Mexican and Outdoor dining in 2006, 2007 and 2008 by CitySearch. Rightfully so! I am kicking myself for not trying it sooner. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover.

Side Note: I have never liked Mexican food...but ever since being pregnant I dig it. Hopefully this new culinary option sticks with me after Baby arrives. O is hoping so too - he is thrilled to finally be able to explore Mexican places with me.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

This is the place i was telling you about! isn't it the greatest back there!?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...