Saturday, June 14, 2008

Clean House?

I like our house tidy. I love our house and I take pride in maintaining it.

That said, I think we could all learn something from this quick read. My favorite part of the article is this line - "Real life is messy, cluttered, often in need of a good mopping - but a lot more vibrant, too."

O is doing an amazing amazing job of keeping Baby and I healthy. He has also taken on ALL house duties (laundry, food, dishes, cleaning, recycling, watering, decluttering, etc. etc.). He is doing a great job - much better than I do. He is taking it very seriously, because when he steps up to do a job, he always gives it 100%.

He doesn't care as much about a clean house...but he knows what it means to me, and he knows I'm much more likely to relax and let myself recover if the house is in order.


Now that we are 3, I think I will have to ease off a bit on my desire to always have the house look "just so". I think I will need to remind myself that "Real life is messy, cluttered, often in need of a good mopping - but a lot more vibrant, too.".


Vibrant indeed!!!!!!!!!! Here is some vibrant for you...

Of course there is a part of me that remains confident one can be vibrant and tidy...right?!?

1 comment:

Mama Boo said...

I have given up tidy and neat long ago, we are all about vibrant. There are more important things (people) now. I am still waiting for the maid to come by though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...