Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jica-what?

According to this site (which sends me an email update about my baby each week), BabyF is now about 3.75lbs, or "the size of a large Jicama". What the heck is a Jicama??? Am I the only one that doesn't know? The site didn't give any explanation, I had to do some research...

(Pronounced HEE-kah-mah)

Jicama (also known as a Mexican potato) is a large, bulbous root. This juicy tuber has a thick brown skin and a white crunchy flesh. A popular Mexican vegetable, Jicama can weigh anywhere from one to six pounds. Its sweet, nutty flavor is good both raw and cooked. Once cooked, Jicama retains its crisp, water chestnut-type texture and flavor.

Now I know.

I love my Mexican Potato!!!!

Update: spellcheck didn't know about Jicamas either, that made me feel a bit better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...