Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting vs. Taking - Thanks Seth


Seth Godin is brilliant. I love his books and his blog. I almost always agree with him and I like the way he explains things.


Today he has a great post about getting vs. taking. The posting itself is short and sweet, so read it. But the jist of it is that so few of us take, most of us hope to get. We should be proactive, and take! Obviously this doesn't apply in all situations, but it is very applicable to education and career....and many other aspects of life (community service, etc.). We should all take as many opportunities as we can handle.


Take!


I'll end my post as Seth ended his - What have you taken today?

1 comment:

Mary said...

I like Seth Godin, too, and occasionally read his blog. Thanks for pointing this one out. I also liked his entry from a couple days ago, entitled Which Comes First (Why Stories Matter). (http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2008/04/which-comes-fir.html) I sent that to K, because he is one of the few that definitely tries to focus on the "story" first. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...